Glasgow What's On
Back to Theatres Page Printable version of this page
Theatre Royal Glasgow
282 Hope St
Tel +44 (0) 141 332 9000 (box office)
Fax +44 (0) 141 332 4477
What's on at The Theatre Royal
Venue Intro:The Theatre Royal continues to go from strength to strength presenting not only its home company, Scottish Opera, but also Scottish Ballet and other world class arts companies such as the Royal Shakespeare Company and the Royal National Theatre. Successive front of house and backstage developments have ensured the Theatre Royal keeps pace with standards of customer care and technical facilities. A further phase of refurbishment involving redecorating the public areas, replacing seating and carpeting, and, most significantly, a much-needed extension to the orchestra pit, was completed in the summer of 1997. The Theatre Royal had continued to assure its place as one of Scotland’s principal performing venues.
- Nearest underground: station Cowcaddens
- Nearest bus station: Buchanan Street
- Nearest train station: Queen Street or Central
- Nearest car parks: Cambridge Street, Dundasvale and Concert Square
The Theatre Royal strives to remove any physical or social barriers to our audience and make the theatre accessible to everyone. Facilities include:
- Sennheiser units for hearing impaired patrons available on request
- One ramped front door entrance
- Two accessible public toilets
- Level access to Box Office, Café Royal and Stalls Bar
- Wheelchair space availability • Colour contrasting floor lights for aisles
- Accessible fire alarm system with lights and vocals
- Occasional audio described and signed performances
- Publicity material available on tapeTrained staff for your assistance
- Guide dogs welcome
- For more information contact Martin Ritchie on 0141 332 3321.
For more photographs see the images page.
Map (Gold arrow marks the spot):
See map in new page
Printable version of this page
All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.
Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now