Glasgow What's On
Scottish Recipes: Scottish Toffee
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Butter
2 tablespoon Vinegar
¼ cup golden syrup
¼ cup Water
Makes about 1.5 pounds.
- Combine all ingredients in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until all dissolved, then boil without stirring until the mixture is dark golden.
- Test by spooning a few drops into a cup of cold water.
- The toffee is done when it hardens at once into a crisp ball.
- Take off heat and pour into a flat oiled pan to make a layer about ½ inch thick.
- When toffee is tepid, score into squares, and when cool break with a hammer and store in an airtight container.
<< Return to the Scottish Recipes home page <<
All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.
Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now