Glasgow What's On
Scottish Recipes: Scottish Dainties
1 lb margarine
4 oz icing sugar
1 lb plain flour
6 oz icing sugar
2 oz butter
4 oz chocolate
- Cream margarine and sugar together until soft and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then add the flour gradually until all is combined into the mixture.
- Grease three baking sheets, then using a large star tube, pipe the mixture on the trays, making 36 biscuit shapes.
- Bake in a hot oven, 400°F, for 10-15 minutes, keeping a close eye on them to see that they do not brown too quickly.
- Cool on wire racks, then dip half of the biscuits into melted chocolate to half their width.
- Wait until the chocolate has hardened, then sandwich together each chocolate-coated half with a plain half, using buttercream made by creaming together the icing sugar and butter.
- Place each dainty in a paper case.
<< Return to the Scottish Recipes home page <<
All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.
Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now