Glasgow What's On
Scottish Recipes: Macaroons
Makes 2 ½ dozen.
1/3 cup sifted flour
¼ teaspoon flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 2/3 cups flaked coconut
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat together eggs and vanilla in bowl until foamy, using electric mixer at high speed.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Continue beating at high speed until thick and lemon-coloured.
- Blend in butter.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture, using electric mixer at low speed.
- Fold in coconut.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets
- Bake in 325 degree oven 15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from baking sheets, cool on racks.
<< Return to the Scottish Recipes home page <<
All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.
Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now