Glasgow What's On
Scottish Recipes: Girdle Scones
8 oz Flour
½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
½ teaspoon Cream of tartar
½ teaspoon Baking powder
1 oz Butter
1 t Golden syrup
Full cream milk OR
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add the other dry ingredients and mix.
- Rub in the butter.
- Add the syrup and sufficient milk.
- and mix with a palette knife to a soft consistency.
- Turn on to a floured surface and roll quickly and lightly (handle as little as possible) to about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut in rounds.
- Grease and heat the girdle and, with a slice or broad knife, turn once until brown on both sides.
- Serve freshly baked, spread with butter.
<< Return to the Scottish Recipes home page <<
All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.
Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now