Glasgow What's On
Scottish Recipes: Dundee Marmalade
2 lb Seville or bitter oranges
8 cup water
4 lb preserving sugar
- Wash oranges and lemons, put whole, into large saucepan or preserving pan.
- Add water, cover, bring to boil, simmer 1 ½ hours until fruit can be easily pierced.
- When fruit is ready, remove, leave on plate to cool.
- Slice to required thickness, remove pips (pits) and add to juice, boil 10 minutes, strain.
- Add sliced fruit to juice, bring to boil, add sugar, stir over gentle heat until dissolved, Boil up rapidly without stirring for ½ hour or until setting point, about 220°F (108°C).
- A small spoonful on a cold saucer will 'wrinkle' when tilted if marmalade is cooked enough.
- Pour into warmed jars, cover immediately.
Makes about 4 lb
<< Return to the Scottish Recipes home page <<
All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.
Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now