Glasgow What's On
Scottish Recipes: Bread And Butter Pudding
7 slices bread
4 cup milk
3 eggs, slightly beaten
½ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon. salt
½ cup raisins
1 teaspoon. vanilla
½ teaspoon. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 325°F
Butter a 2 qt. baking dish.
- Spread butter generously on one side of each slice of bread.
- Line bottom and sides of baking dish with buttered bread.
- Mix milk, eggs, sugar, salt, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon; pour over bread.
- Place extra pieces of buttered bread on top, press down to submerge.
- Let stand 10 minutes, longer if bread is very dry.
- Bake, cover for 30 minutes, then uncover for 30 minutes; total 60 minutes.
- Put under broiler, uncovered until top becomes a deep-golden crust.
- Serve warm with heavy cream.
<< Return to the Scottish Recipes home page <<
All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.
Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now